(1.7 minute read)
Last night I was watching “My Fair Lady” with my boyfriend, and when the song “I’m Getting Married In The Morning” started, he muttered under his breath “I wish.” I’m not sure it’s possible to drop a less-subtle hint than that. The thing is however, as I’ve mentioned before, I never thought seriously about getting married before, or thought my life could possibly take that turn. So, I’ve started thinking about it lately. And here are a few things that make it seem like marriage might not be so bad.
- Spending the rest of your life with your best friend
- …and not having to say goodnight at the hotel room door
- Slow dancing in your kitchen
- Blasting your compiled music through your home on Saturday mornings
- Making dinner for two
- Having someone to lean on through all of life’s hardships
- A soul-mate, literally… someone to pray with and grow with
- Someone to have years worth of inside-jokes with
- You’ll always have someone whose body heat you can steal when it’s cold
- Someone to feed the cat when it’s chewing your hair at 4am
- Feel like I should say something about kids, but I’m still trying to get my head around the whole child-rearing thing…
For all ya’ll married folks out there… what are some of the little things that make marriage worth it?